Monday, August 31, 2009

"Salt" a Hymn, and a Horse's Face.



A man who frequents the Starbucks where I work
loaned me a book that promises to be an intersting read at worst.
I love history,
and the thought of this subject intrigues me.

I have not yet begun to read it,
but when I finish I'll write my amateur review on
the literary portion of things that interest me.

I'm always on the prowl for music.
I spend more money on it than I should,
but I'm moved so by it that I'll never stop buying it if I can help it.
We sang this hymn at my church one Sunday about a week ago.
It just touched me in a new way in its simple truth.
I bought it, and its continued to bless me as I listen to it
and think about the words.

CHRIS TOMLIN
or you can buy it

A less blatant Christian song I recently discovered,
threw itself at me from the artwork.
Most of the time if I like the album cover,
there will be at least a couple songs that
I enjoy from the album.
That formula for discovering music rings true
yet again for me in

Needtobreathe's latest album
The only track I bought was impressive.
[currently becoming a radio hit,
which annoys me, but oh well].
Get in on it before you become a statistic
on a ratings chart!

P.S. Let me know your opinions of my recommendations
if you cheque any of them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment